- Gerber files is open 2D binary vector image file format.
- These files are commonly and widely use by PCB industry to describe board images, solder masks, copper layers for the purpose to fabricate board from software.
- After layout is completed and user needs to generate gerber and drill files for production.
Step 1: Generate Gerber Files And Drill Map
- From Kicad’s Pcbnew, click “File” and then select “Plot“.
- Click the options as illustrated picture above, then click “Plot“.
- After the gerber files are generated, click “Generate Drill File“.
- Select the options and click “Drill File” and “Map File“.
- Now user can send their files to fabricate the board through their favorite vendor.
- Eintrinsic Technologies has special service for students to fabricate their board in lower volume and lower price (as low as RM16 per piece).