This prerequisite may not valid in the future Pinguino IDE release. Pinguino Software developers will make sure their software compatible with OS from time to time.
- Pinguino community has developed a new installer to ease the installation of IDE. Goto http://www.pinguino.cc/download.php to download NSIS installer for Windows.
- Double-click the installer. Select preference in language and hit “Install“.
- When Python installer pop-up during the installation, hit “Next” until installation completed.
- For Windows 10 user, installation stopped when trying yo install “Git-Python“.
- So manual installation for “Git-Python” needed for Windows 10 user.
- Goto https://github.com/gitpython-developers/GitPython and click “Download Zip” on the right.
- Extract it to directory “C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages“.
- Now, hit “Windows” button on keyboard, then type “powershell” to search for Windows Powershell apps.
- When Powershell pop-up, type $env:path=“$env:Path;C:\Python27”.
- Next, change directory to “cd C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\GitPython-master“.
- Type “python setup.py install” and hit enter to start install “Git-Python“.
- After installation completed, click “Cancel” on Pinguino installer and re-open installer by double click the installer.
- User will see now installer no longer stop at Git-Python error code. But it could stop at other Python package installation.
- Repeat manual installation above for package following:
- PyUSB – https://github.com/pyusb/pyusb
Complete the Installation Steps:
- Installer will ask user whether to install Pinguino compiler for 8-bits PIC. Click “Yes“. It is optional for 32-bits PIC Pinguino compiler.
- Installer will then ask whether want to install Pinguino driver. Press “Yes“. Another pop-up will instruct user to connect Pinguino Board, ignore this step by click “OK“.
- LibUSB-win32 driver installer will pop-up. Complete the installation.
- Now, Pinguino IDE installation completed and ready to use.